Monday, February 14, 2011

i love you, jon

Today is Valentine's day, and though I'm not much for the cheesiness of the holiday, I am a believer in the purpose: taking a time to let someone you love know just how much you love them. So I will do just that...

Dear Jon,

I love you. I love how you speak to me kindly. I love how if I ever need something, you rush to get it or do it. I love how you nursed me back to health, spiritually speaking, by reading "Streams in the Desert" every morning. I love that you cook and have dedicated a year to learning the trade in order to better serve me. I love that you embrace my need for girl time. I love that you encourage my creativity and am proud of what I make. I love that you let me kiss you whenever I want. I love that you hold me when I'm sad and take care of me when I'm sick. I love that you love me, deeply. I love that we get to learn how to love for at least the next 50 years (hopefully!).

I love you.

Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment